I think I’m drawing too many mega pokes lately haha :’) But I love these two so much…
I replied on all questions I had in my inbox under the cut so if you sent me an anon ask, it should be here! :)
I know everyone is super excited about new mega pokemon but I wish they also made some new normal evolutions too…
I wanted to make Altaria’s cloud wings look like they emit light, not sure if it worked?
I made this tutorial so other people could use my watercolor style and I totally don’t mind if you keep using these brushes on your drawings :) So don’t worry and draw in this style as long as you want to!! :D
- Mega Audino is Normal/Fairy-type (Ability Healer)
- Mega Slowbro is Water/ Psychic (Ability Shell Armor)
Yesssssss Mega Slowbro
Under the cut I’ve replied on questions not tutorial related. Sorry that it took me so long to answer!
I’m replying to questions regarding my watercolor tutorial so if somebody had problems with installing brushes etc please check it maybe you’ll find it helpful.
1. Sorry if it’s obvious for some peeps but I noticed that it’s often a problem to install brushes so here’s an explanation:
- Open the folder with the Sai file. (If you don’t remember where you installed it right click on the Sai icon ——-> properties ——> target location (I think that’s how it’s called in English??)
- Put the start-sai.exe (link) into that folder then open rar file with brushes (link) ——> put files from blotmap to blotmap etc. (replace files if needed) IMPORTANT! It’s too many brushes and textures so Sai won’t show all of them (well at least I had a problem like this) so I recommend checking which brushes you like and delete the rest
- Replace conf files with the ones in rar
- Click on start-sai.exe to update the brushes
And to the two anons please please read description before asking where to download brushes :) (You can also always find them in my FAQ)
2. There is no rule where to leave white and where not but I sometimes do it a) when two different colors are close to each other (like in Musharna pic) b) when color is close to lines (Horsea and Swampert) and/or c) I leave white where part of the picture is lit by light (Stitch)
3. Fringe and texture effects are part of the program, I don’t think you can download them separately(?). I had them from the beginning so I don’t know if there are versions of Sai without them… But they’re a bit hard to find, you need to click on paints effect to make them show up (for me it’s in the top left corner of the program) (I’ll answer this ask in private too)
4. I bought Sai from original site: link if you want it for free I’m afraid I can’t help you, I have no idea where to get one!
The tutorial of how I achieve watercolor effect in Sai! :) I highly recommend using real watercolor paintings (your own or ones found on the internet) as reference.
And here you can find a few useful links:
- You can download the Sai file of this picture here: link
- Video process of painting another picture: link
- The old watercolor tutorial: link
- Sai brushes (none of them is made by me) link + file you need to open them in Sai: link
- Awesome watercolor brushes made by Kyle T Webster: link
Here’s the finished painting: link
You can download Braixen Sai file here: link :) Some people asked me if I could upload one, so here it is! I’m also writing a new watercolor tutorial but I didn’t manage to finish it and I won’t be at home for a week… I’ll post it when I come back.